Chatsworth’s Premier Independent Private School
At Chatsworth Hills Academy, our mission is to provide an ideal environment in which our students will learn, grow, and thrive. We understand that the cost of attending an independent school is a significant investment in your child’s educational future. A CHA education is worth it. We offer:
- An inquiry-based approach that harnesses the natural curiosity of children.
- An emphasis on the mastery of concepts and skills over rote memorization and the acquisition of facts.
- An international perspective that prepares students to take their place in our global society.
- Regular opportunities to reflect on the learning process so students learn how they learn best
- Engaging classes in the core academic subjects and Spanish, music, art, technology, library, and physical education.
- Extracurricular opportunities for sports, competitive clubs, and theater.
- Skillful, passionate teachers to help our students succeed.
As the only International Baccalaureate candidate school in Chatsworth, CA for children up to 8th grade, we take pride in helping every one of our students grow into a confident and principled citizen.
Tuition: Preschool (2 – 4 years)
Preschool Facility No. 191290503
Full Day (8:15 – 2:00)
Half Day (8:15 – 12:00)
|5 days per week||
|4 days per week
(M-Th or Tu-F)
|3 days per week
(Tu, W, Th)
Tuition: Pre-Kindergarten – Grade 8
|Grades 1 – 6||$20,950|
|Grade 7 – 8||$22,300|
Payment Plans: Pre-Kindergarten – Grade 8
- One Payment Plan. The initial tuition deposit and the remaining balance are paid in full with the enrollment contract.
- Three Payment Plan. The initial tuition deposit ($1500) and one-third of the balance, plus a finance charge, is paid with the enrollment contract. The remaining balance, plus finance charges, is divided into two payments, which are due in November and January.
- Twelve Payment Plan. The initial tuition deposit ($1500) is due with the enrollment contract. The remaining balance, plus finance charges, is divided into twelve equal payments, which are due from June through May.
Tuition Refund Plan
Chatsworth Hills Academy offers a Tuition Refund Plan to protect the yearly financial obligation of its families. Parents may insure themselves against liability for a portion of unused tuition due to withdrawal or dismissal at a rate of 3.5% of total tuition.
New Student Fees
|Preschool Admission Application||$75|
|Admission Application Fee (Pre-K – Grade 8)||$150|
Annual fee; charged per family.
|Earthquake Kit Fee
Upon first enrollment and every four years therafter.
Activities and Supplies Fees
|Lower School (Grades 1-4)||$150|
|Middle School (Grades 5 – 7)||$350|
|Middle School Fee (Grade 8)||$450|
Includes field trips, assemblies, guest speakers, student planners, novel units and other curricular items, dances, socials, and graduation activities as applicable per grade.
*Trip Week Fees
|Lower School Trip (Grades 3 – 4)||$350|
|Middle School Class Trip (Grades 5 – 7)||$790|
|Eighth Grade Class Trip||$2,400|
Cost approximate. Eighth Grade Trip costs established and charged by World Strides.
|Middle School Books (Grades 5 – 8)
Costs approximate. Students purchase books online.
|*Middle School Electives (Grades 5 – 8)
Charge for certain electives which require CHA to hire outside specialists and/or for supplies.
|*Middle School Drama Elective (Grades 5 – 8)||$300|
|Middle School PE Uniform (previous year’s uniform may be re-used)||$25|
|*Hot Lunches and Snacks||varies; prices set by The Caterer|
|Smart Tuition Yearly Account Fee (per family)||$50|
After School Fees
*Extended Day Care
CHA provides an Extended Day Care (EDC) program before and after school. The school facility is open at 7:00 a.m.; there is no fee for the early morning session. The after-school program begins at each child’s dismissal time and is open until 6:00 p.m. EDC fees are charged at either an hourly rate of $8.50 per hour, or at a monthly rate (9 payments, September – May) of $265. The after-school program offers opportunities for socialization, organized games, arts and crafts, and homework time. Snacks are provided.
|*After School Enrichment Classes
Enrichment classes offered after dismissal vary during the year. Prices are set by the outside vendor.
|*After-School Sports (Grades 4 – 8)
Includes uniform and league fees.
|$125 per sport|
This itemization is for information purposes only; additional fees may become necessary during the course of the school year. All fees will be either billed to your account or charged separately as appropriate.
* All items marked by an asterisk are optional.
Contact Your Chatsworth, CA Private Pre-K, Elementary & Middle School
Have more questions? Ready to join the Chatsworth Hills Academy family? Call us at (818) 998-4037, find out more about the CHA Mission & Philosophy, or learn about the admissions process. We can’t wait to hear from you, and we look forward to helping your child be his or her best self!